At TVC Removals, we know that moving house is one of life’s most stressful events, but with a few useful tips, moving day doesn’t have to be so overwhelming.
We have helped thousands of people move home around Cardiff, The Vale of Glamorgan and beyond, so we know a thing or to about the whole process.
Here are our top 5 tips for moving house:
1. Declutter. Take this opportunity to go through your home and donate, sell, or throw away anything you no longer need or want. Charity shops are always grateful for good condition items, or if you want to make some extra cash, selling on Facebook, eBay or local car boot sales can help your declutter before you move
2. Pack early. You’ll be surprised at how long packing up a home can take! Whether it’s a 1 bedroom flat or a 5 bedroom family home, it all takes time. Start with the items you don’t need on a daily basis, such as ornaments, books, and any furniture that isn’t essential and work your way around your home, taking it a room at a time
3. Don’t overfill your boxes. A common mistake is to put too many items in boxes when you’re packing to try and save space. However overfilling boxes lead to damages to your possessions and to whoever had to lift a heavy box! Keep boxes packed to a manageable weight, and don’t put too many heavy items together
4. Label boxes. When you get to your new home, you will want to make sure you can access things quickly and easily, so labelling boxes with its contents and/or room, will make unpacking so much easier.
5. Pack a”go bag”. Moving day is long and tiring, so when you have been busy all day, the last thing you want to do is rummaging around boxes trying to find the kettle or toilet roll! Pack a go bag with all the essentials you’ll need for the first night. Include things like, kettle, coffee, tea, snacks, cutlery, plates/bowls, clothes, bedding, toys for kids, medication, toiletries including toilet roll, phone charger and anything else you may need to see you through the first 24hrs!
We hope this helps with your moving day. Don’t forget, TVC Removals have over 12 years of house removals experience, so if you need any help, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
To obtain a FREE online quote visit https://tvcremovals.com/quote/
You can also call us on 02920 48 41 48or email [email protected]
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for all the latest updates and offers we have available!